I practiced making trees last night using a variagated thread and a wash away stabilizer. Once I was done sewing I put the trees under the faucet and watched as the stabilizer turned into a gummy glue like substance as it was washed away. Then I celebrated as the trees came to life, not bad for my first attempt and I had fun experimenting with the thread. I can see thread cactus, flowers and maybe little animals in my future.
These are my finished trees and in the next few days I will add them to the landscape row robin quilt below.
Click on the photo to see a close up view of the trees. I will need to add a little more greenery to fill in above the barn and to the right. Next I will have to decide what other element or crazy quilting stitches to add. Any ideas are welcome??
6 comments:
I love your thread trees! Nice job...I am glad to see at least of us is making progress!
I still need to get moving on the rest of the dogwood blossoms but life is getting really bizzare right now - I feel like it's taken a left turn somewhere that I missed...
Wow kim those are pretty darned awesome.............I really like them!!!
Beautiful trees - a great addition for sure mfoot
I would say you did wonderfully on your first attempt, the trees are beautiful.
Crispy
Nice job Kim ... someday I want to give it a try.
Have you seen this blog
http://shirl-oneofakindfiberarts.blogspot.com/
She makes a lot of landscapes.
If you have time check out
http://chrissquiltinguniverse.blogspot.com/
she made a quilt of her moms house.
That is so neat, Kim - you did a marvelous job.
Post a Comment