This is a row robin I participated in back in 2007, yes I'm falling a little behind in finishing. I anticipated adding some other elements to one side ocean, sand, footprints, something to make it wider. As you can see from the photo it's so lengthy it doesn't fit into one photo. Aren't these rows amazing, some very talented ladies participated.
The bottom row (above) is the row I made and sent along to my fellow participants.
Closeup of Kathi's row, she painted the ship and octopus with fabric paint. Love it!!
This next scene is Joy's hidden treasures. Click the photo to enlarge. Love those pearls!!
Closeup view of my turtle, fish and sea plants.
Closeup view of my seashells and more fish.
This little beauty is a puffer fish that Marcia from Quilters Cache here cut out so precisely and placed it on my quilt when I had it on the design wall at retreat. As if I wouldn't notice such an ugly fish. Look at those repulsive chompers, I've decided to use it for the label.
12 comments:
Is that the puffer fish I've heard about on the About.com quilting forum? That thing would make a freight train take a dirt road and give kids and adults nightmares!
OMGosh, that dang puffer fish just keeps showing up, it cracks me up each time I see it. However, I am VERY happy it never made it's way to my house.
Crispy
What amazing quilting friends you have. I love this underwater work! Also all the hidden treasures.
I can't get over how much work you have put into this entire project. What a beautiful endeavor! Each level looks like its own aquarium. I love all the textures and sea life. So cool!
What a fun quilt. I have participated in a row robing before and it is fun.
What great rows the other ladies added to you quilt. The treasure chest is a pretty neat idea.
this is really creative and I love it. I love art quilts. Thanks for joining my blog and becoming a follower.
the underwaterworld is very stunning. I like the colours the fish is awesome.
Kerstin
That quilt it totally amazing...
What a wonderfully creative quilt!
How lovely ... love the puffer fish.
Have a lovely week. TTFN ~Marydon
What a wonderfully creative row quilt. I love it. I couldn't stop looking at all of the wonderful work that's gone into it. Wow!!!
Hey Kim,
You are the winner of the Dresden plate giveaway by Kim.
You have her button at the top of your blog.
Congratulations - it couldn't happen a nicer person.
Regards,
Anna
Post a Comment