Monday, March 21, 2011

Keeping my promise

to share more of Pat Knoechel's (from "Quilt in a Day") Quilt
Show.

Were you wondering where I've been?  Maybe not, sorry the
posting seems to be scarce around here lately.  We took a trip in
our RV for a week, so that put a damper on blogging.  We had
a nice time away and I found the perfect place to get a photo of
my GFG or Hex quilt to show you and I would have, however
it rained this morning so it wasn't to be.

So without further ado here are more of the quilts Pat brought to
our quilt retreat.




Some of my very favorite quilts are star quilts.  

I love this one in the blue, teal, green and purple color way.




Pat breaks the blocks down and shares the 

easy steps to make each block.  




A beautiful spring quilt with a floral border.  





More beautiful stars.  




This is the latest book by Quilt in Day.

Quilt Blocks on American Barns.  



Close up view


Another close up view


You can find the Barn book here at Quiltinaday.



More beautiful spring quilts.  









This quilt is called Orion's Star from another book.  

I would love to make this quilt someday.  





Another variation




I hope you enjoyed the show. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!  







11 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Wow Kim, those are lovely quilts you have found. Thanks for sharing them to us. Glad you had a lovely time away. Blogging is for you so don't worry if you can't post all the time. I will be watching when you do - Hugs Nat

LeKaQuilt said...

Thank you Kim, love the show :o)

Barb said...

Hope you had a good time, I know I had fun reading your post, those quilts are soooo awesome!

Barb said...

Lavender Hill Farm is awesome! But I'm with you, partial to the teal, blue, green, and purple one.

Anonymous said...

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing these quilts through your camera lens! Thanks!!!

Jocelyn said...

Wow these are amazing! Thanks for sharing pictures :-)

Crispy said...

Pretty quilts!! Nothing better in a than stars IMHO :o)

Crispy

Carrie P. said...

I did enjoy the show. I love the barn quilt.
Glad you enjoyed your Rv trip.

Terriaw said...

Look at all those beautiful quilts! I love seeing the variety of styles and colors and techniques. Your road trip sounds fun - love hearing that you got away for a bit.

Allie said...

What gorgeous quilts!!!!! Glad you had a good holiday hon, blogging takes a back seat to real life anytime!

Ivory Spring said...

WOW! I am simply starry-eyed after seeing all the star quilts!