Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baking up Strawberry Pie


I know it's not exactly the season for Strawberries, but doesn't a sweet juicy piece of strawberry pie with glaze and whip cream sound scrumptious?  Can you imagine the buttery flaky crust, filled with irresistible fresh strawberries?  Yummy!!


This is my delicious version





This was a Christmas swap I participated in with my 
quilt club.  The sweet Pie made up in wool on
 the left I received and the Pie on the right 
I baked up for the swap.  



Ingredients ~ 1 Ramekin dish, 1 Flakey pie crust fabric, 
3 Pounds fresh strawberry fabric,
I used warm & natural batting next to the strawberry fabric, 
then added some poly fil in the middle, then filled the bottom 
with plastic pellets.  The pie on the left was filled with
walnut shells.  

This was a machine and hand sewn project and took me about 4 hours.  
Longer than it would have taken me to bake a real pie.   Of course 
there's  a lot of trial and error baked in.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day.  



13 comments:

Allie said...

Oh that is way too cute!!!! I love it, and now I'm hungry!

Barb said...

Hi Kim, these are adorable!!!!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I WUV "no-calorie" desserts! These are really cute!

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Crispy said...

Ha!! I was really savoring the flavor of strawberry pie and here they are these cute projects. LOL

Crispy

Pokey said...

Both of them are cute! You are lucky to have a sweet swap like that.
:-}pokey

Michelle said...

Those are so cute!

Carrie P. said...

OH, my!!! that is the cutest thing I have seen lately.

netdera said...

hmm! very nice

Kim said...

Adorable...I'm amazed at how clever people are and they adorable things they make with fabric!

Happy Sewing

Princessliak said...

How wonderful! I just found your blog Kim and love it. Kory has even started quilting these days and I will point her here to see how the pros do it. We miss you guys!

Kim said...

Where are you? You okay?

Happy Sewing

Jocelyn said...

Hi Kim, I hope all is well with you. Been missing you in blog land.

John'aLee said...

Absolutely darling!