Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again



I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend!!


My dear mother in-law, the amazing chef prepared steak and fresh

lobster, then we topped it off with chocolate cheesecake.  

It's nice to indulge on occasion and the food was divine.  


I've been a little quiet here because I've been pre occupied

with my sister visiting for almost a month.

She made a short jaunt to visit her daughter for 10 days and 

the rest of the time we were site seeing, shopping and getting

 lots of sewing done.  All good things must come to an 

end, so I put her on the plane yesterday.

I want to share the blooming nine patch quilt she started

last year and finished while she was here.  

I think she made fabulous fabric choices on this one.

Isn't it exquisite?? 


Have a creative day! 


18 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful quilt! Glad that you had such a nice visit.

Anonymous said...

This is stunning, congratulations to your sister!

Barb said...

Love the quilt Kim!!

Allie said...

Ok, your Easter dinner sounds MUCH better than mine - especially dessert! MMMMMMMM.

How nice that you had your sister with you for so long! Her quilt is SO PRETTY - she did a fabulous job!

Terriaw said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday! Can your MIL come over and cook for us? I would love to have lobster. Oh yea, the cheesecake too please. LOL

I took a class a few years ago to make a blooming nine patch quilt, and still haven't finished it! I actually forgot about it until seeing your photo. Very stunning quilt! (thanks for the reminder)

Stephanie Hughes said...

Love the quilt! Great colors. Congrats to your sister. Glad you had a great Easter and you had such a great home cooked meal! Steph

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter holiday and time well spent with your Sister. Your sister's quilt is fantastic!

Crispy said...

Ooooo Pretty!! I love the colors, I bet it's a lot brighter in person!! It's so much fun hanging with family :0)

Crispy

Kerstin said...

great Quilt! and a perfect easter dinner.
sounds like you had great hollydays

JustCindy said...

I wish I had shared Easter lunch with you. Your sister's quilt is beautiful!

Cherie said...

Gorgeous - sounds like your sisterly time was too ;))

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful quilt!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn

Carrie P. said...

So glad you had a lovely Easter.
I have made a blooming nine patch. Your sister's is stunning. I have seen a lot of them around here and I have never seen an ugly one.

imquilternity said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous quilt! We had a wonderful Easter too...had steak and lobster just like you!

mfoote said...

Thanks for the kind words and great pictures. It was so nice to have family close. xxo

Bunny said...

Oh dear that quilt is gorgeous. I have always wanted to make one of those my friend started one and it is also amazing. Nice for you to share same interests in sewing. I am the only one in my family that sews.

Mary said...

Oh that blooming nine patch is just stunning! (but I'm having trouble concentrating on anything since reading about steak, fresh lobster, and chocolate cheesecake *drooling into my keyboard as I'm typing*).

Thanks for stopping by and entering the giveaway - good luck!

Rebecca said...

Kim the quilt is really pretty! Are you going to show us something you made while she was visiting?

I am glad you had a good visit with your sis. I just had my Mom and sister here and we went to the Lancaster Quilt Show. The show was wonderful. And it is really nice to have them visit so often now that we are closer.

Take Care