Monday, May 16, 2011

Chicken Block #2 and other UFO blocks

I finished my second chicken block this past week.  These blocks
are so fun to work on with the bright fabrics and whimsical chickens.
I am enjoying the process with a bit of design factor involved with
the varied block sizes and round robin block categories.

The May block category is buildings, so I need to come up with
a building for the next block.   It may be a nest of eggs in
a chicken coup, but that could change by the time the block is
completed.   Any suggestions?



I also finished the last block and one sashing piece for my moose quilt.
I've shown my moose quilt blocks on my blog before,  it's been a UFO
hanging on my design wall for what seems like eternity.  When I plan
to work on it something seems to get in the way.




Not this time, I'm thrilled to have made some progress and started
to assemble the top.  Sorry there are no moose in this photo.  
I finished a few more segments and hope to have a top finished
this week, minus the borders.  Wish me luck! 

Are you working on any UFO's lately?


Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!

14 comments:

JustCindy said...

Your chicken quilt is going to be so cute.

Karen said...

Good luck with your chicken blocks! They are really cute and look like fun to work with!
Go Kim Go! You seem to be on a roll to finish up some projects that are UFO's. :0)

Ivory Spring said...

Your chicken is absolutely adorable! :) Great job.

p.s. Thanks for your kind words on my bunnies. :)

Crispy said...

Great blocks Kim :o) I must admit I giggled when you said that you are working on the moose quilt again. I'm cheering you on to get 'er done soon!!

I love the nest idea for a "house" picture :0)

Crispy

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The chicken block is adorable! And the moose block (without the moose) is wonderful - love the colors.
I am currently working on a UFO from 2005 - a BOM.

Yvette said...

You are the second person that I know that is making a moose quilt!

I love your chicken. It's great that you had two different barbed wire fabrics.

Allie said...

Oh Kim your blocks are darling - love the chicken - I think a little house [almost like a lean-to] with a nesting chicken would be perfect! I love the bears. I'm working on two UFO's, and two new quilts, yikes!

Anonymous said...

What about a simple barn with a nest and egg in it?

Pokey said...

This chick is so neat with its curled feather tail, and the chicken wire background. I bet whatever you choose will be great, Kim...I like the eggs in nest idea. How about a fluffy baby chick? (They sure were cute in my class this year!)

Barb said...

Adorable chicken block, Kim! So cute! Can't wait for the finished project reveal.

Barb said...

Love your blocks....especially the chickens.

I went to fat cat patterns and did a chicken quilt for my husband...love it!

antique quilter said...

love the chicken block!
oh how about a barn, a good old country red barn!
moose quilt looks fun!
Kathie

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to seeing your wonderful works of art. What joy they bring! mmf

Carrie P. said...

Great projects you are working on these days.
The bright chicken is a very fun block.